– British Red Cross launches new digital A-Z archive of First World War volunteers [April 2016].
– New Oxfam Catalogues. Archives and Manuscripts at the Bodleian Library. A number of catalogues describing the records produced by Oxfam’s appeals and fundraising function, are now available on the Bodleian Library website [March 2016].
– International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. The Archives hold records documenting the activities of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (formerly called the League of Red Cross Societies) that date from the foundation of the League in 1919. The principle topics are: governance of the IFRC; disaster relief operations; refugee relief operations; health, especially nursing education, blood donation / transfusion, community health; Junior Red Cross (children); Centenary of the Red Cross; Red Cross Red Crescent and peace.
– Interview with Andrew Thompson about the uses if the archives of the International Committee of the Red Cross, by Fabian close, in Humanitarianism and Human Rights, 2 February 2015. [poster 9 February 2015]
– Georgina Brewis, “Eight Reasons Charities Should be Interested in their Archives,” blog, 20 August 2014.
– Mary B. Anderson, Dayna Brown and Isabella Jean, Time to Listen: Hearing People on the receiving End of International Aid, Cambridge, CDA, 2012. [sent by Kevin O’Sullivan]
– Two blogs on the Archives of the International Committee of the Red Cross from the University of Exeter (UK) – August & September 2014: Q&A: What Can Red Cross Records Say About History of Humanitarianism & Human Rights? & The @ICRC Archive is Opening its Records from 1966-1975
– Preserving Communities: A Guide to Archiving for Community Organization, by Brandon Cannon, 2009, Halifax Regional Municipality [sent by Jill Campbell-Miller, August 2014]
– Archives and Research Collections, Carleton University, has acquired the collection of MATCH Internaitonal. It is presently being catalogued. [Summer 2014]
– The papers of Meyer Browstone, former Oxfam Canada head, now available at Carleton. Click HERE [June 2014]
– Keeping it Simple. Introductory archival guidance for voluntary small sector organisations, v1, 2013, Campaign for Voluntary Sector Archives,UK