The project “Resilient Humanitarianism: the League of Red Cross Societies, 1919-1991” aims to advance the concept of resilient humanitarianism through a historical investigation of one humanitarian body, the League of Red Cross Societies, from its inception to the end of the Cold War. Global humanitarian crises abound due to ongoing conflict and natural disasters, but nation states, bodies such as the United Nations, and humanitarian organization seem incapable of offering lasting solutions to intractable situations. This project employs rarely accessed archives and an interdisciplinary approach to investigate the evolution of humanitarianism, voluntary action, and global civil society during the 20th century. This historical analysis can then be used to inform humanitarian policy, debates, and practice in the present and the future.
- Call for Papers
- Call for Photographs
- Call for Proposals
- Call for Volunteers
- Callfor Applications
- Graduate Student Opportunities
- Humanitarian Aid
Africa aidhistory Archives Call for Papers Canada Canadian Historical Association Canadian Historical Association Annual Meeting Carleton University Carleton University Archives and Research Collections CCIC CfP CHA children cnhh CNHH Annual Meeting Conference Congress Congress 2015 Development Essay Prize Global Humanitarian Research Academy Graduate Students History history of emotions Humanitarian Aid Humanitarianism Human Rights International Development Jobs Lecture Meeting Migration newsletter NGOs Oxfam Philanthropy photography publications Red Cross refugees Samaritan State Second Canadian Workshop on the History of Humanitarian Aid Third Canadian Workshop on the History of Humanitarian Aid Workshop York University
- Entrevues et documentation pour l’histoire d’une aventure montréalaise de solidarité internationale
- Registration for the CNHH Sixth Annual Workshop is now Live.
- CfP: The African Commonwealth – Strasbourg 14-15 November 2019 (new deadline, 1 July 2019)
- CfP: Successes and Challenges in Post World War I Relief Activities in Austria and Central Europe
- Ninth Bulletin of the CNHH (March 2019) is now available